Legal problem solving, crisis management, and complex criminal litigation.
The criminal justice system can be scary enough. Finding the right attorney shouldn’t be. We strive to take the time to listen to you and find the best solution for your specific case. We’ve served a diverse clientele of professionals, families of college students, and other Ithacans, using experience, knowledge, education, creativity, and technology to provide our clients with the most effective and efficient defense. Not every arrest is reasonable. Not every traffic stop is appropriate. And not all paperwork is completed properly. The right attorney will conduct the necessary investigation into the allegations and devise a defense strategy that is right for you.
In the last five years, Fenchel was the lead attorney on hundreds of criminal cases, and successfully defended misdemeanor and felony matters in Ithaca, Tompkins County, and the Finger Lakes region. Before forming his own law practice exclusively devoted to criminal defense, he was partner at Holmberg Galbraith, LLP, where he managed the firm's criminal practice.
A familiar face in Ithaca City and Ithaca Town Court, Fenchel also regularly appears in the town courts of Dryden and Lansing, as well as those of Caroline, Danby, Enfield, Groton, Newfield, and Ulysses, and the Village Courts of Cayuga Heights and Freeville. He maintains an active practice in Cortland, Chemung, Seneca, Cayuga, Schuyler, and Tioga Counties.
Fenchel has built respected and respectful relationships with the prosecutors, judges, court clerks, probation officers, and law-enforcement officials who form the legal landscape in upstate New York. He has defended friends and family members of judges, clerks, sheriff deputies, probation and police officers, as well as other governmental employees.
Felony or Misdemeanor
On-Campus Judicial Proceedings
DWI (BAC, Refusal, Drugs)
About Luke Z. Fenchel
- A.B., High Honors, Harvard College, 1999
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 2005
- Admitted to the Bar: New York State, U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- Lecturer, Legal Studies, Ithaca College, 2011-present
- Ithaca Times, Best of Ithaca Award, Best Attorney, 2016
- Ithaca Journal, Reader’s Choice Award, Law Firm, 2015
- Ithaca Times, Best of Ithaca, First Runner-Up, 2014
- Tompkins County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College for DUI Defense